Tentative Series Name: I haven’t fully decided what I want to shot for my series, but I am thinking of
- All of the Lights
- Painted Glass
- Blurred Vision
- For this series I want to focus on different types of light sources
- For this series I want to focus on perception.
- For this series I want to focus on longer exposures.
How will you execute idea?
A. I want to shoot in the night time and capture light in different ways
B. I want to use a piece of glass and paint on it and shoot with it in front of my lens and capture whats behind the paint.
C. I want to have longer exposures and capture blurry images, I like the look of blurry images of people, cars or even dogs.
Why is this topic important to you? What do you want other people to understand? What do you hope this series will accomplish?
- I personality love looking at all types of lights at night, they kind of put me in a trance and I would want other people to experience that with my photos.
- This topic for me really gets me out of my comfort zone, I kinda of thought it would be a cool way to take photos but at the same time I have to make sure the paint isn’t to busy for the photo, and I hope others enjoy my artist process.
- This topic for me is important because whenever I see blurry photos I don’t see all the detail in the photo so the me and viewers get a sense of mystery or curiosity from looking at blurred images.
Any special conditions, equipment, or techniques needed?
- I might have to venture off and find different kinds of lights
- I am going to need a piece of glass and paint they place in infant of my camera
- I just need to make sure I have a long enough exposure to capture the images I am trying to go for.
Output Method and Size:
I want all the series (depending one which one I go for) to be either 4×6 or 8×10 and I am leaning towards a book type presentation.
Self portrait: I don’t really want to show my face, so I am thinking maybe I can cover my face with a hoodie, my hair or even a book. I think I want to make this photo a black and white photo.
Environmental portrait: I plan on taking a photo of my boyfriend in his fire gear, preferably in front of his engine. I want this photo to have a more serious tone, so I will probably tell him not to smile.
Formal/Simple: I really want the background of this photo to pop so I’m thinking a hot pink or a baby blue like the sky. I want to have my model covering her face with flowers, or ribbon, and have her makeup really dramatic.
Creative: For this photo I want it to be very natural like a girl blowing bubbles in a field, or a boy playing in a arcade. I am leaning more toward the bubble idea, but I think the neon lights in a arcade would be fun to shoot.
- I think the best quality of print was Claremont Photo and Walgreens. The paper quality was better at Claremont Photo but I liked how Walgreens captured all the colors that I edited in Lightroom.
- I will probably print at Walgreens because it is more affordable compared to Claremont Photo and more convenient honestly. I think the print quality is just as good at Claremont Photo also.